Kawai ES 520
High specification portable digital piano full of technology to boost your performance or practice
- Responsive Hammer Compact II keyboard action with grade-weighted keys and triple-sensor system
- Progressive Harmonic Imaging sound technology with 88-key stereo sampling
- 34 authentic sounds, including acoustic pianos, electric pianos, organs, strings, bass etc.
- Motherboard and amplification developed in partnership with Onkyo, 40W speaker system
- Bluetooth MIDI and Audio functionality with aptX support for wireless communication and audio playback
- Standard MIDI, USB to Host/Device, Audio In/Out connectivity
- Intuitive control panel layout with high quality OLED display
- Stylish rounded case design and lightweight chassis weighing 14.5 kg
- Modern HM-5 designer stand and F-302 triple pedal bar, support for GFP-3 triple pedal unit
Description & Details
RESPONSIVE HAMMER COMPACT II (RHC II) WEIGHTED-KEY KEYBOARD ACTION
The new Responsive Hammer Compact II (RHC II) action has been developed to reproduce the distinctive touch of an acoustic grand piano. The weight of the keyboard is appropriately graded to mirror the heavier bass and lighter treble hammers of acoustic pianos, with a smooth matte texture applied to each black and white key for enhanced playability. As with other Kawai digital piano keyboard actions, Responsive Hammer Compact II utilises triple sensor hammer velocity detection, and features a springless mechanism that delivers a smooth and natural piano playing experience. Despite its lightweight, compact design, the RHC II action allows experienced pianists to perform with confidence, playing fortissimo with power and certainty, while delicately controlling the softest, most gentle pianissimo passages.
SHIGERU KAWAI SK-EX AND KAWAI EX INSTRUMENTS REPRODUCED WITH HARMONIC IMAGING SOUND TECHNOLOGY
The ES520 digital piano captures the rich, expressive sound of the Kawai SK-EX and EX grand pianos, with all 88 keys of these exceptional instruments meticulously recorded, analysed and faithfully reproduced using Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ sound technology. This unique process accurately recreates the broad dynamic range of the original grand pianos, affording pianists an extraordinary level of expressiveness ranging from the softest pianissimo to the strongest, boldest fortissimo. The instrument’s built-in Virtual Technician feature allows various characteristics of these acoustic piano sounds to be shaped at the touch of a button, with settings to adjust string and damper resonance, in addition to subtle hammer, damper, and key release noises. This personalised piano sound is further enhanced with atmospheric reverberation effects, delivering a rich, vibrant piano tone with breathtaking realism and authenticity.
STRONG SELECTION OF ADDITIONAL INSTRUMENT SOUNDS
Supplementing the realistic acoustic piano voices, the ES520 digital piano also features a strong selection of additional instrument sounds, ranging from electric pianos and drawbar and church organs, to string, choir, and mallet instruments, inviting musicians to add greater variety to their performances. Furthermore, the Dual playing mode also allows two different sounds, such as grand piano and strings, to be layered together, while the Split and Four Hands modes divide the keyboard into two independent sections. The volume balances for each playing mode can also be adjusted quickly and easily using the real-time panel controls.
PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPANIMENT STYLES
Featuring a variety of styles ranging from pop and rock ballads, to jazz-funk, dance, and latin flavours, the Rhythm Section function of the ES520 digital piano provides solo performers with professionally arranged backing accompaniment at the touch of a button. In addition, the 100 preset chord progressions and One Finger Ad-lib™ solo phrases allow musicians to breathe life into their repertoire, while maintaining control over each performance.
INTEGRATED BLUETOOTH AUDIO/ MIDI CONNECTIVITY
In addition to standard MIDI jacks for connecting to other instruments, the ES920 digital piano also boasts integrated Bluetooth MIDI and Audio technology that allows the instrument to communicate with supported smart devices wirelessly. Once connected to a phone, tablet, or laptop, ES520 digital piano owners can enjoy a wide variety of exciting music-related apps that enhance their learning and playing experience, or stream audio from songs and videos through the instrument’s speakers without additional cables.
WIDE RANGE OF CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS
The ES520 digital piano features a variety of standard connectivity options, with Line-level output jacks that allow the instrument to be enjoyed in larger settings such as churches and schools. Standard MIDI and USB to Host connectors ensure flexibility when using computers and other electronic instruments, while the Line-in stereo jack provides a convenient method of mixing in audio from a laptop, tablet, or other digital device.
The beautiful HM-5 Design Kit makes the ES520 a stylish digital piano. It contains the stand and the acrylic music rack.
In addition this set can be expanded by the 3 pedal unit F-302 or the GFP-3 portable pedal.
For on stage performance we recommend to protect your ES520 with the optimal SC-1 softbag.
- Action: Responsive Hammer Compact II (RHC II)
- Key Material: Plastic
- Key Surface: Ivory Touch
- Letoff Simulation: No
- Sensors: 3
- Velocity Curves: Light, Normal, Heavy, Off (Constant)
- Key Lid: No
- Sound Source: Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ (PHI), 88-key piano sampling
- Sounds: 34, Grand Pianos: Shigeru Kawai EX, Kawai EX (PIANO: 8 sounds, E.PIANO: 6 sounds, ORGAN: 5 sounds HARPSI/MALLETS: 4 sounds, STRINGS/CHOIR: 8 sounds, BASS: 5 sounds)
- Polyphony: max. 192 notes
- Virtual Technician: Touch Curve, Voicing, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, String Resonance, Key-off Effect, Fall-back Noise, Hammer Delay, Topboard, Decay Time, Minimum Touch, Stretch Tuning/Stretch Curve, Temperament, Temperament Key, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Soft Pedal Depth
- Keyboard Modes: Dual, Split, 4Hands (Volume/Balance adjustable)
- Reverb: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral – each with Depth and Time
- Effects: Stereo Delay, Ping Delay, Triple Delay, Chorus, Classic Chorus, Tremolo, Classic Tremolo, Auto Pan, Classic Auto Pan, Phaser, Rotary and 4 combination effects – each with Dry/Wet, Time, Speed, Feedback, High Damp, Depth (Parameters depend on Effect type.)
- Tuning: Equal (Piano Only), Pure (Major), Pure (Minor), Pythagorean, Meantone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Equal (Flat), Equal (Stretch), USER
- Metronome/Beats: 10 Beats, Tempo and Volume adjustable; 100 rhythms (x 2 variations), 4-part accompaniment, 100 preset chord sequences
- Recorder: 3 Songs, 1 Tracks – max. 5,000 notes
- Demo Songs: 23
- Display: 128 x 64 pixel OLED
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth (Ver. 4.1; GATT compatible); Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant, Bluetooth Audio
- Registrations: Yes, 28 Memories
- USB Functions: Save Internal Song, Load Registration, Save Registration, Rename File, Delete File
- Key/Song Transpose, Tone Control (incl. Brilliance, UserEQ), Wall EQ, Speaker Volume, Low Volume Balance, Phones Volume, Line Out Volume, Tuning, Damper Hold, GFP-3 Mode, Four Hands, Startup Setting, Factory Reset, Auto Power Off, Lower Octave Shift, Lower Pedal On/Off, Split Balance, Layer Octave Shift, Layer Dynamics, Dual Balance, SHS Mode, Phones Type, MIDI Channel, Send PGM#, Local Control, Transmit PGM#, Multi-timbral Mode, Channel Mute, Auto Power Off, Speakers On/Off
- Sound System: 12×8 cm x 2 Full range speaker with Bass-Reflex-System
- Amplifier: 2 x 20W
- Power Consumption: 18W
- Pedals: F10H Sustain Pedal with Half-Damper function included. Optional: Triple Pedal GFP-3 or F302 3-pedal unit (only in combination with HM-5 stand)
- Music Rack: Yes, acrylic
- Jacks: USB to Host, USB to Device, MIDI (IN/OUT), LINE IN STEREO, LINE OUT (L/MONO, R), DAMPER (for F-10H), DAMPER/SOFT/SOSTENUTO (for F-302 or GFP-3), Phones x 2 (6,3mm and 3,5 mm), AC-adapter PS-154
- Height in cm:14.5
- Width in cm: 134
- Depth in cm: 37.5
- Weight in kg: 14.5
- Finishes: Black or White