KAWAI ES 920
The Kawai ES 920 is a powerful and portable digital piano. Perfect for stage, studio or at home.
- Responsive Hammer III keyboard action with grade-weighted keys, counterweights, triple-sensor system, let-off simulation
- Harmonic Imaging XL sound technology with 88-key stereo sampling
- 38 authentic sounds, including acoustic pianos, electric pianos, organs, strings, bass etc.
- Motherboard and amplification developed in partnership with Onkyo, 40W speaker system
- Bluetooth MIDI and Audio functionality with aptX support for wireless communication and audio playback
- Standard MIDI, USB to Host/Device, Audio In/Out connectivity
- WAV/MP3 audio file record and playback via USB memory
- Integrated Rhythm Section function with 100 backing accompaniment styles
- Intuitive control panel layout with 4-band EQ faders and high quality OLED display
- Stylish rounded case design and lightweight chassis weighing 17 kg
- Modern HM-5 designer stand and F-302 triple pedal bar, support for GFP-3 triple pedal unit
Description & Details
RESPONSIVE HAMMER III’ WEIGHTED-KEY ACTION, WITH IVORY TOUCH KEY SURFACES AND LET-OFF SIMULATION
The new Responsive Hammer III (RHIII) action recreates the distinctive touch of an acoustic grand piano, with its realistic movement and accurate 3-sensor technology providing a smooth, natural, and highly responsive piano playing experience. The weight of the keyboard is appropriately graded to mirror the heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers of an acoustic piano, while structural reinforcements within the action assembly ensure greater stability during fortissimo and staccato passages. The ES920 digital piano also features Kawai’s Ivory Touch key surfaces that gently absorb finger moisture to assist the player’s performance, while, let-off simulation recreates the subtle ‘notch’ sensation felt when softly playing the keys of a grand piano, satisfying the expectations of the most discerning pianists.
SHIGERU KAWAI SK-EX, SK-5, AND KAWAI EX INSTRUMENTS REPRODUCED WITH HARMONIC IMAGING XL SOUND TECHNOLOGY
The ES920 digital piano captures the rich, expressive sound of the Kawai SK-EX, SK-5, and EX grand pianos, with all 88 keys of these exceptional instruments meticulously recorded, analysed and faithfully reproduced using Harmonic Imaging™ XL sound technology. This unique process accurately recreates the broad dynamic range of the original grand pianos, affording pianists an extraordinary level of expressiveness ranging from the softest pianissimo to the strongest, boldest fortissimo. The instrument’s built-in Virtual Technician feature allows various characteristics of these acoustic piano sounds to be shaped at the touch of a button, with settings to adjust string and damper resonance, in addition to subtle hammer, damper, and key release noises. This personalised piano sound is further enhanced with atmospheric reverberation effects, delivering a rich, vibrant piano tone with breathtaking realism and authenticity.
STRONG SELECTION OF ADDITIONAL INSTRUMENT SOUNDS
Supplementing the realistic acoustic piano voices, the ES920 digital piano also features a strong selection of additional instrument sounds, ranging from electric pianos and drawbar and church organs, to string, choir, and mallet instruments, inviting musicians to add greater variety to their performances. Furthermore, the Dual playing mode also allows two different sounds, such as grand piano and strings, to be layered together, while the Split and Four Hands modes divide the keyboard into two independent sections. The volume balances for each playing mode can also be adjusted quickly and easily using the real-time panel controls.
PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPANIMENT STYLES
Featuring a variety of styles ranging from pop and rock ballads, to jazz-funk, dance, and latin flavours, the Rhythm Section function of the ES920 digital piano provides solo performers with professionally arranged backing accompaniment at the touch of a button. In addition, the 100 preset chord progressions and One Finger Ad-lib™ solo phrases allow musicians to breathe life into their repertoire, while maintaining control over each performance.
INTEGRATED BLUETOOTH AUDIO/ MIDI CONNECTIVITY
In addition to standard MIDI jacks for connecting to other instruments, the ES920 digital piano also boasts integrated Bluetooth MIDI and Audio technology that allows the instrument to communicate with supported smart devices wirelessly. Once connected to a phone, tablet, or laptop, ES920 digital piano owners can enjoy a wide variety of exciting music-related apps that enhance their learning and playing experience, or stream audio from songs and videos through the instrument’s speakers without additional cables.
USB TO DEVICE FUNCTIONALITY, WITH MP3/WAV FILE RECORDING AND PLAYBACK
The ES920 digital piano is equipped with USB connectors that not only allow the instrument to be connected to a computer for MIDI use, but also to load and save data to USB memory devices directly. This USB to Device feature allows registration memories and songs recorded and stored in internal memory to be saved to USB for posterity, or standard MIDI files (SMF) downloaded from the internet to be conveniently played back without additional hardware. USB memory devices can also be used to play back MP3 or WAV audio files, allowing musicians to learn the chords or melody for a new piece, or to simply play along with their favourite songs. It is even possible to save performances as MP3 or WAV files for emailing to friends and family, listening to on a smartphone, or for further editing using an audio workstation.
WIDE RANGE OF CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS
The ES920 digital piano features a variety of standard connectivity options, with Line-level output jacks that allow the instrument to be enjoyed in larger settings such as churches and schools. Standard MIDI and USB to Host connectors ensure flexibility when using computers and other electronic instruments, while the Line-in stereo jack provides a convenient method of mixing in audio from a laptop, tablet, or other digital device.
The beautiful HM-5 Design Kit makes the ES920 a stylish digital piano. It contains the stand and the acrylic music rack.
In addition this set can be expanded by the 3 pedal unit F-302 or the GFP-3 portable pedal.
For on stage performance we recommend to protect your ES920 with the optimal SC-1 softbag.
- Action: Responsive Hammer III
- Key Material: Plastic
- Key Surface: Ivory Touch
- Letoff Simulation: Yes
- Sensors: 3
- Velocity Curves: Light 1-4, Normal, Heavy 1-4, Off (Constant), User
- Key Lid: No
- Sound Source: Harmonic Imaging™ XL, 88 Key Sampling
- Sounds: 38, Grand Pianos: Shigeru Kawai EX, Kawai EX, SK-5 (PIANO: 10 sounds, E.PIANO: 6 sounds, ORGAN: 5 sounds HARPSI/MALLETS: 4 sounds, STRINGS/CHOIR: 8 sounds, BASS: 5 sounds)
- Polyphony: max. 256 notes
- Virtual Technician: Touch Curve, Voicing, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, String Resonance, Undamped String Resonance, Cabinet Resonance, Key-off Effect, Fall-back Noise, Hammer Noise, Hammer Delay, Topboard, Decay Time, Release Time, Minimum Touch, Stretch Tuning/Stretch Curve/User Tuning, Temperament, Temperament Key, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Soft Pedal Depth
- Keyboard Modes: Dual, Split, 4Hands (Volume/Balance adjustable)
- Reverb: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral – each with Depth and Time
- Effects: Stereo Delay, Ping Delay, Triple Delay, Chorus, Classic Chorus, Tremolo, Classic Tremolo, Auto Pan, Classic Auto Pan, Phaser, Rotary and 4 combination effects – each with Dry/Wet, Time, Speed, Feedback, High Damp, Depth (Parameters depend on Effect type.)
- Tuning: Equal (Piano Only), Pure (Major), Pure (Minor), Pythagorean, Meantone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Equal (Flat), Equal (Stretch), USER
- Metronome/Beats: 10 Beats, Tempo and Volume adjustable; 100 rhythms (x 2 variations), 4-part accompaniment, 100 preset chord sequences
- Recorder: USB Memory: MP3/WAV Recording and Playback, A-B Loop; Internal: MIDI 10 Songs, 2 Tracks – max. 90,000 notes
- Demo Songs: 33
- Display: 128 x 64 pixel OLED
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth (Ver. 4.1; GATT compatible); Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant, Bluetooth Audio
- Registrations: Yes, 28 Memories
- USB Functions: Playback: MP3, WAV, SMF ; Recording: MP3, WAV ; Functions: Audio Overdub, Song to Audio Convertion, Load internal Songs, Save internal Songs, Save SMF Songs, Load Registration, Save Registration, Delete File, Format USB Memory
- Other Features: 4-band EQ Fader, Key/Song Transpose, Tone Control (incl. Brilliance, UserEQ), Wall EQ, Speaker Volume, Low Volume Balance, Phones Volume, Line Out Volume, Audio Recorder Gain, Tuning, Damper Hold, GFP-3 Mode, Four Hands, Startup Setting, Factory Reset, Auto Power Off, Lower Octave Shift, Lower Pedal On/Off, Split Balance, Layer Octave Shift, Layer Dynamics, Dual Balance, SHS Mode, Phones Type, MIDI Channel, Send PGM#, Local Control, Transmit PGM#, Multi-timbral Mode, Channel Mute, Auto Power Off, Speakers On/Off
- Sound System: 12×8 cm x 2 Full range speaker with Bass-Reflex-System
- Amplifier: 2 x 20W
- Power Consumption: 18W
- Pedals: F10H Sustain Pedal with Half-Damper function included. Optional: Triple Pedal GFP-3 or F302 3-pedal unit (only in combination with HM-5 stand)
- Music Rack: Yes, acrylic
- Jacks: USB to Host, USB to Device, MIDI (IN/OUT), LINE IN STEREO, LINE OUT (L/MONO, R), DAMPER (for F-10H), DAMPER/SOFT/SOSTENUTO (for F-302 or GFP-3), Phones x 2 (6,3mm and 3,5 mm), AC-adapter PS-154
- Height in cm: 14.5
- Width in cm: 134
- Depth in cm: 37.5
- Weight in kg: 17
- Finishes: Black or White